Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Phase 5

Phase 5

Market Research

The market research that I have done has lead me to believe that I should really advertise on the internet, on websites like Facebook. Twitter, YouTube, Yahoo!, etc. They are the most visited websites by the age group that I am targeting, in other words, older teens to young adults. I don't think that I would advertise in magazines because I don't think that there is a reliable enough magazine that many young people read. I also think that I could advertise on different channels like Mtv and Vh1, they may seem like just older teen television, but they actually have a lot of advertising for different non-profits, and I think that my organization would be a good company for them to have. The products that I will be providing are bracelets and t-shirts. There is not quite a demand for them, but many people love buying items like these for themselves or for others, to help out a great cause. I also believe that their price could vary from who is buying them, like if an average kid would want to buy one, he would have to pay a lot smaller of a price then, say, a group of wealthy individuals. You could make them pay a lot more than the kids. Location also makes a huge difference, I would need to have an office and maybe a few stores for my products in the city because it's a lot easier to spread word about a business in the city and you also have a lot more people who are open to buying your product.

Competition

 The Girl Effect and World Education are my two main competitors, neither of them really offer any sell-able products. The Girl Effect offers free downloadable kits, which are made to help others raise money for their organization. I also think that they both convey their ideas in a good way. They both have on line ads, and the Girl Effect also has many videos on YouTube. 

A strength of my business is that it really works hard to cover all of the bases of the issues that these girls face, from IDs to jobs, we strive to do it all. One of my weaknesses is possibly not being able to achieve all that I want for each girl. Not all the girls may be able to get a job, or get out of child marriage. I think that a threat to my business is just not having enough people to be employed. I need teachers and people to run each of the programs in each country, I also need people back in the U.S. to run the business and sell the products. It will be pretty difficult to find that many people up to working for a business like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment